This week residents in the remaining Ballymun flats on Silloge Road received news that following extensive discussions between Ballymun Regeneration and James Elliott Construction a new contractual agreement for the completion of the housing scheme in Silloge (which faces on to Poppintree Park) was signed on Tuesday 18th October 2011. The original building programme ground to a halt when Pyrite was discovered and the new homes have lay empty ever since.A report was presented to the Oireachtas this week which predicted the cost of repairing the pyrite problem in a number of Ballymun’s would amount to €10.5 million.
According to a letter issued to local councillor Paul McAuliffe residents have been informed that “completion works for this scheme are now due to begin on the1st of November. It is expected that these works will take 18 to 24 months to complete and it is expected that the first handover of this scheme will take place in November 2012”.A member of the BRL Allocations Team will be in touch with the Residents of the remaining blocks on Silloge Road in the near future to discuss their allocation to this scheme. 
Cllr McAuliffe welcomed the news but questioned the Labour/FG government’s commitment to completing the Regeneration Project. The programme for government promises to complete the regeneration but with so many of their promises already broken there are fears in Ballymun that the remaining tenants will be forgotten. A number of projects which had been planned to commence since February are now being tied up in red tape.” said Cllr McAuliffe. “I expect the two Labour TDs elected for this area to keep the government to account on this and the other promises which they made in February.”

 

This week residents in the remaining Ballymun flats on Silloge Road received news that following extensive discussions between Ballymun Regeneration and James Elliott Construction a new contractual agreement for the completion of the housing scheme in Silloge (which faces on to Poppintree Park) was signed on Tuesday 18th October 2011. The original building programme ground to a halt when Pyrite was discovered and the new homes have lay empty ever since.A report was presented to the Oireachtas this week which predicted the cost of repairing the pyrite problem in a number of Ballymun’s would amount to €10.5 million.

According to a letter issued to local councillor Paul McAuliffe residents have been informed that “completion works for this scheme are now due to begin on the1st of November. It is expected that these works will take 18 to 24 months to complete and it is expected that the first handover of this scheme will take place in November 2012”.A member of the BRL Allocations Team will be in touch with the Residents of the remaining blocks on Silloge Road in the near future to discuss their allocation to this scheme.

Cllr McAuliffe welcomed the news but questioned the Labour/FG government’s commitment to completing the Regeneration Project. The programme for government promises to complete the regeneration but with so many of their promises already broken there are fears in Ballymun that the remaining tenants will be forgotten. A number of projects which had been planned to commence since February are now being tied up in red tape.” said Cllr McAuliffe. “I expect the two Labour TDs elected for this area to keep the government to account on this and the other promises which they made in February.”