Native of Ballymote Co.Sligo. Married to Ann, they have six children. Opened local butchering business in 1975 and current owner of Eamon Scanlon Auctioneers. Eamon has vast experience in Agriculture given his business background and his term on the Oireachtas Agricultural Committee until 2011.
He has also served as Chairman of Ballymote GAA Club, is a member of the local enterprise board, St Vincent de Paul and HSE Regional Health Forum.
Eamon served as a Senator from 2002-2007 and a TD from 2007-2011 before being returned to Sligo County Council in 2014. During his terms of office he helped deliver key funding for projects locally such as Tubbercurry Family Resource Centre, Ballymote Garda Station, Ballymote Fire Station, a new extension to Sligo University Hospital and new schools in Tubbercurry and Gurteen. He also assisted many groups across Sligo and North Leitrim in accessing government and local authority funding.
Eamon is a candidate in the forthcoming election for the Sligo, Leitrim, West Cavan and South Donegal areas.
– Provide adequate funding for local council services
– Seek simplified agricultural schemes that support the incomes of farmers
– Additional Garda resources to help tackle rural crime
– Equal job opportunities outside of Dublin
– Prevention of Fracking licences
– Proper educational supports for children in need
– Scrap Irish Water
– Dignified living for the elderly with appropriate home help hours
– Adequate support for carers
Latest News from Eamon
Get in touch with Eamon
For any issues, contact Eamon office by email or telephone.