Living in Fortville, Kilmaley. Married to Mary with two teenage sons, Kevin and Stephen. I am a Retired Assistant Director of Nursing with Clare Mental Health Services. Political Record: I am a lifelong member of the Fianna Fail party and the Kilmaley Upper Fianna Fail Cumann. I am a nephew of Joe Ryan from Inagh who was a member of Clare County Council from 1944-84. I am the first person from Kilmaley Parish to contest an election since Martin Cahill in 1979. Local Involvement: Played a leading role in the development of community services for mental health in Clare. Community activist in the Parish of Kilmaley for the past 20 years. Heavily involved in setting up ‘Meitheal’ Kilmaley Development Association in 1995. Chairperson of Meitheal for 7 years.
Tel: 065 6839135 / 087-6781676
Construction of an adequate sewerage system in Kilmaley
– Continued development of Lees Road Sports and Amenity Park
– Ensure the best quality of healthcare for the people of Clare
– Greater autonomy for Shannon Airport
– Greater investment in houses for the elderly
– More Local and Central Government support to empower communities to create employment and facilties in their own locality
– Progressing the construction of new buildings for Barefield NS., Ennis N.S. and Ennis C.B.S
– Provision of Community Day Care services and facilities for elderly people in Ennis and its environs, including Toonagh, Kilnamona and Barefield
– Reintroduction of capital funding for sporting groups and organisations
– Sourcing a permanent site for Ennis Educate Together N.S. and Cloughleigh N.S.
– Universal access to broadband
– Upgrade works on the Kilmaley-Inagh Group Water Scheme
– Relaxation of planning laws in relation to once-off housing