Full Time Public Representative Education: * Annaduff National School * Marymount College Secondary School, Carrick on Shannon. * Institute of Technology Sligo. Elected Students Union Vice President 1991 – Graduated with B.A in Fine Art – NCEA Diploma in Computing * Institute of Purchasing & Materials Management, Dublin. Graduated with – National Cert. Purchasing & Materials Mgt
353 71 9624030
See whats happening – www.drumsna.com
* Elected Member of Leitrim County Council 1999 – todate
* Cathaoirleach Leitrim County Council 2006 to 2007
* Cathaoirleach Leitrim County Council 2001 to 2002
* Vice Chairperson Local Authority Members Association (National body that represents all Councillors) 2004 – todate
* Director of Leitrim Integrated Development Company 2008 – todate
* Member of Sub Committee Services to the Unemployed 2009
* Director of Leitrim Design House 2008 – to date
* Director of Leitrim County Enterprise 1999 – to date
* Member of LCC Environmental Strategic Policy Committee 1999 – todate
* Member of LCC Traveller Consultative Forum.
* Member of the Leitrim Joint Policing Forum 2009.
* Member of Leitrim County Council Audit Committee 2008 – todate
* Constituency Delegate to Fianna Fail’s Ard Comhairle -Recently Elected
Previous Positions held and membership of special working Groups.
* Member of An Saol Maith – Older persons working Group.
* Member of the Border Regional Authority
* Ministerial Appointment National Rural Water Monitoring Committee
* Member of the Confederation of European Councillors
* Member of Leitrim County Development Board
I am also a member of many of the voluntary organisations in the area, including local Tidy Towns committees and Comhaltas and I am founder member of the Carrick-on-Shannon Family Life Centre.
* Further Development of Employment Opportunities; We need to ensure that the young people of Leitrim have the opportunity to remain living and working in their own county.
* Further development of our Road network, particularly the rural road network and the continued improvement of Leitrim’s infrastructure.
I have been instrumental in many successful projects including the provision of sewerage schemes, water services, improvement of the road infrastructure, playground and recreational facilities
* Further development of our educational facilities, particlularly to further develop our Council’s current programme of third level education. Leitrim needs a third level Institution.
* I will continue to seek improvement in our Health Services to ensure that an acceptable and accessible service is available to meet the needs of the people in Leitrim.
* Promotion of Leitrim as a place to live, work and also as a choice for business investment.
* The reunification of County Leitrim is of utmost importance, as Leitrim people should have the right to have their own county man or woman represent them in the Dail
* Restoration and promotion of our heritage.