A self-employed businessman I live in Milltown Village married to Susan with three boys in the family. I am a member of Kerry County Council since my co-option in 1993. As a Fianna Fáil councilor I have successfully contested the Council elections in 1999, 2004 and 2009 representing the Dingle Electoral Area. I also play an active role with local groups and organisations.
Within Kerry County Council I am a member of the following committees:
• South West Regional Authority
• Former Chair of the Transport Committee
• Member of the Planning SPC Committee
• Member of the Association of County Councillors
My Main Priorities are to:
• Develop a secure and prosperous future for people involved in business, tourism, agriculture, fishing and the marine.
• Continue to strive to improve supports for the unemployed and benefits for the elderly and those with special needs in our community
• Sustain further growth and continue the improvements made in health, childcare, education, environment, tourism and sport.