• I am a native of Bohermore, Galway City.
• Married to Sally, we have two children, Róisin and Dáire.
• I was educated at St. Joseph’s College (“The Bish”) and have always been interested in Politics, Business, Sport and Reading.
• My interest in politics and public service saw me first elected to Galway City Council in 2004. It’s a great honour to be Mayor of Galway, the first Fianna Fail person to hold the post since 2002.
• I am Chairperson of Galway City Transport Committee, and have among my priorities the Galway City Outer By-pass; continued improvements in public transport.
• I am also a Board member on the National University Ireland, Galway.
Tel: 091 530088
Fax: 091 530088
• I see education as the key to the future and will prioritise continued investment in GMIT and NUIG
• I am also of the view that we need to continue to invest in sporting clubs throughout the city and county.
• We also need to improve our Accident and Emergency operations at UCHG
• My proposal to introduce the teaching of Chinese in Irish schools has raised this issue nationally. I see great potential for trade with China in the future, and believe that primary and second level students should have the opportunity to learn Chinese, making Ireland an attractive location for Chinese businesses.