I am an elected Public Representative on Cork City Council since 1999 – I am also a full time Councillor. – I live in Bishopstown with my husband Michael and we have seven grown up children six sons and one daughter-the youngest Michael is a student in U C C and still lives with us. He is a Senior Cork Footballer so all the family are very interested in the G A A . – I am in politics because I believe I can make a difference. – My voluntary Community Service, hard work, commitment and experience as an elected Councillor is well documented. – During the past ten years I have worked extremely hard for the betterment and improvement of the South West Ward and Cork City. I love the work and would like to continue if I am re-elected to Cork City Council.
48, Halldene Avenue,
Re-elected to Cork City Council in May 2014.
My Committee/Organisation Involvement.
Member of E U Committee of The Regions and South West Regional Authority,
Director of Bishopstown Community Association
Director of Leisureworld, Bishopstown.
Chairman of Presidents Committee of Cork Choral Festival.
Member of H S E Forum
Cork City Council:
Member of Planning and Development Committee,
Roads and Transportation ”
Recreation , Amenity and Culture ”
Policing Forum ”
Traveller Accommodation Chairperson,
– To contribute as much as possible to ensuring Cork is a clean litter free City, with better employment opportunities, having good amenities and a safe environment for the enjoyment of all its citizens
– To strive with the co operation of all the stakeholders to rid our city and indeed the whole country from the scourge of illegal drugs.
– To work hard to eliminate poverty and to try as far as possible to get rid of homelessness. I would love to contribute to helping the less well off to achieve their potential by affirming them and there by instilling confidence in them to achieve their goals.
– The preservation of our green open spaces, Sports facilities and our built heritage is a priority.
– Proper Planning and sustainable development into the future is vital for the area I represent and for Cork City.