Fianna Fáil wants Dublin to be one of the best capitals in the world to live in. Our capital city currently ranks 34th best place globally to live in but we believe we can do better. We commit to the challenge of seeking to make Dublin one of the top 10 places in the world to do business, to visit, to learn and to invest in.
Dublin must have the ability to compete on a global level for investment and to attract the talented workforce required to drive innovation and growth. Dublin must continue to be a welcoming city and we should all promote it as much as possible globally. As a country, we all benefit from a vibrant and attractive capital city.
Fianna Fáil had the vision to build the IFSC, the DART and the Luas and saw the potential of a Dublin Docklands transformed into the city’s financial and cultural quarter. Going forward, we see the enormous potential of Dublin and we are proposing the following:
- The creation of a directly elected mayor for Dublin similar to that of the Greater London area;
- The establishment of a volunteer coordination service, entitled “Dublin Together”, to mobilise volunteers and connect people, information, and services to build a strong greater Dublin volunteering community;
- The introduction of rent control in Dublin to make living in the city an option for many more people;
- The funding of high quality affordable housing developments in Dublin city to address the housing and rent crisis;
- The creation of a 1916 historical cultural hub including the GPO and Moore Street.
- The creation of cross-city segregated bicycle lanes, contra flow bicycle lanes and further expansion of the Dublin Bikes Scheme;
- The creation of a dedicated Dublin City Centre Garda Síochána Public Order Unit to combat drug dealing and anti-social behaviour on the capital’s main commercial streets;
- The construction of bus rapid transit lines to service areas currently not within Luas or DART catchment areas including a link to Dublin Airport.
Dublin a city of Villages.pdf
|Date:||14th September 2015|
Dublin Election Manifesto.pdf
|Date:||1st May 2015|
|Date:||29th October 2015|
Córas sláinte cóir agus toradh fiúntach don othar.
Córas oideachais de scoth an domhain a chur le chéile ionas go gcuirtear ar chumas na glúine ina dhiaidh seo iomaíocht a dhéanamh ar fud an domhain.
Cuidiú le tuismitheoirí atá i mbun oibre a gcuid leanaí a thógáil trí chostais maidir le cúram leanaí a ísliú.
Cuidiú le gnólachtaí beaga agus meánmhéide trí dul i ngleic le costais agus rátaí tráchtála.
An dícheall chun sráideanna agus comharsanachtaí a choinneáil slán sábháilte.