Fianna Fáil Leader Micheál Martin TD has added to the list of key responsibilities within the Fianna Fáil Parliamentary Party with confirmation of his nominees to the Chairs of a number of Oireachtas Committees.
Deputy Martin commented, “In the new Dáil, there are some uncertainties, but one element of how things will work is absolutely clear. The Oireachtas Committees are going to be central in the process of holding Government to account, developing policy and passing legislation to an extent that we have not seen before. Strong and fair leadership in these roles will be required for real progress to be made during this Dáil term.
“I am confident that the Fianna Fáil team I am announcing today are more than equal to that task and I look forward to them discharging their responsibilities in a determined and even handed way.”
The Fianna Fáil Nominees to the Chair of Oireachtas Committees are as
- Sean Fleming TD – Chair of the Public Accounts Committee
- John McGuinness TD – Chair of the Finance, Public Expenditure and Reform, and Taoiseach Committee
- Fiona O’Loughlin TD – Chair of the Education and Skills Committee
- John Curran TD – Chair of the Social Protection Committee
- Brendan Smith TD – Chair of the Foreign Affairs, Trade and Defence Committee
- Mary Butler TD – Chair of the Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation Committee