For first time buyers starting out, families struggling with mortgages or low income households trying to secure a place to call home, home ownership is disappearing from view.
Fianna Fáil believes that home ownership is good for families and good for communities.
The government has been caught up in a controversy over spinning figures on home building projections as it continues with more spin and no substance. Changes to mortgage lending criteria, low home building figures and continuing mortgage arrears crisis is jeopardising the dream of home ownership for ordinary families.
Fianna Fáil is committed to supporting home ownership by
- Using the Strategic Investment Fund and Strategic Banking Corporation to launch public and private housing initiatives with a target of 150,000 new homes in the lifetime of a new Fianna Fáil government.
- 25% top up First Time buyers Savings Scheme
- Introducing a new Right to Buy scheme for local authority and Voluntary Housing Association tenants.
- Boosting housing supply by revising planning laws.
- Shaking up the mortgage market by expanding credit union lending.
Read and Share Fianna Fáil’s Strategy for Supporting Home Ownership