The Fianna Fáil National Youth Conference takes place in the Silver Springs Moran Hotel, Cork this weekend from the 4th-6th November. The theme of this year’s conference is ‘Looking to the Future’.
Hundreds of young delegates from across Ireland will take part in what promises to be an eventful weekend.
Speaking ahead of the conference, Cathoirleach Ógra Fhianna Fáil Senator Thomas Byrne commented, “Since his election as Leader of Fianna Fáil, Micheál Martin has consistently emphasised the central role that he wants Ógra to play in our organisation’s renewal. This weekend’s National Youth Conference is the culmination of a year’s work on how we reform Ógra to make it a more radical and effective part of Fianna Fáil. The conference will see the election of a new officer board with a new, more central role in challenging and developing party policy. It will also see robust discussion between over 500 Ógra members and leading thinkers in a range of policy areas. The renewal of Fianna Fáil is an ongoing process, and this weekend’s conference is an important step in the journey.”
Speakers at this year’s Fianna Fáil National Youth Conference include:
· Micheál Martin TD, Uachtarán Fhianna Fáil
· Fianna Fáil Party Spokespersons
· Cullen Allen, Owner, Cully & Sully
· Megan Greene, Head of European Economics, Roubini Global Economics
· Tim Daly, Senior Director of Operations, McAfee (EMEA)
· Clive Byrne, Director, National Association of Principals & Deputy Principals
· Brian Mooney, Irish Times Columnist & Institute of Guidance Councillors
· Ciaran Murphy, Bank of Ireland Professor of Business Information Systems, UCC