- Re-Elected to Seanad Éireann in April 2011.
- First elected to Seanad Eireann on the Industrial and Commercial Panel on his first attempt in July 2002 and re-elected in July 2007.
- Presently Government Seanad spokesperson on Finance and the Public Service
- Presently Member of the Joint Committee on Finance and the Public Service
- Government Seanad Spokesperson on Communication, Marine and Natural Resources 2002-2007.
- Member Joint Committee on Communications, Marine and Natural Resources 2002-2007
- Member of the Forum on Europe 2002/2003
- Secretary of the Fianna Fáil Parliamentary Party Committee on Enterprise, Trade and Employment 2002-2007
- Fianna Fáil Director of Elections Local and European Sligo/Leitrim 2004
- Member of the Fianna Fáil National Youth Committee 1993
- Member of the Board Regional Authority (Business Rep) 2000-2005
- Director Sligo Leader Partnership 2000-2005
- Founder/Promoter of Sligo Rocks Music Festival 2002/2003
- Director Sligo Live Music Festival 2004 – current
Marc co-wrote and presented to Government a proposed Entrepreneurship Education Strategy for Ireland. Click here to read. (MS Word Required)
He also co-wrote and presented to Government proposals for the prevention of family home repossessions. Click here to read. (MS Word Required)